[Phar25] FW: American Public Health Association (APHA) 2021 Special Pharmacy Section Meeting

Stamey, Shirl R sstamey at campbell.edu
Fri Oct 15 16:00:14 EDT 2021

From: Joanne Elizabeth Canedo <jmcanedo at go.olemiss.edu<mailto:jmcanedo at go.olemiss.edu>>
Subject: American Public Health Association (APHA) 2021 Special Pharmacy Section Meeting

Hello Student Pharmacists!

On behalf of the American Public Health Association (APHA) Pharmacy section, it is my honor to invite you to attend the Special Pharmacy Section Meeting, Empowering Student Pharmacists in the Public Arena. This virtual session is part of the APHA Annual Meeting & Expo at Denver, Colorado from October 24 to October 25. The details for this virtual session are as follows:

When: Sunday, October 24, 2021
Time: 10:30AM ET/ 9:30AM CT/7:30 AM PT to 1PM ET/ 12 PM CT / 10 AM PT
Where: Join via Zoom at https://nova.zoom.us/j/99289332463?pwd=MWRrYzlkWWhqL0hkZmUwV0g2WklxUT09
Meeting ID: 992 8933 2463; Passcode: 999255

No registration required for this session! Open to all student pharmacists and APHA Pharmacy Section Members.

While intended for student pharmacists, this special session is open to all participants who desire to provide an opportunity for student pharmacists to be exposed to different career paths they can pursue within public health. Our distinguished panelists will share their journey with the students to inspire them to seek job opportunities beyond the more traditional pharmacy roles they have been exposed to! Please note, there is no charge for these webinars and you do not have to be a member of APHA to attend.

Attached is our flyer with specific information on our agenda for the day (all times in MT) as well as our list of guest speakers who will be sharing their insight and experiences.

Please feel free to contact me (jmcanedo at go.olemiss.edu<mailto:jmcanedo at go.olemiss.edu>) with any questions or concerns. I look forward to seeing each of you during our Special Pharmacy Section Meeting!

Best,
Joanne Canedo
--
Joanne Canedo, MS, PharmD
University of Mississippi, Ph.D. Student