[Pa23] Community Care Clinic Logistics

Avery, Abigail alavery0327 at email.campbell.edu
Thu Oct 14 15:26:57 EDT 2021

Dear Class,

Thank you for bearing with us as we get the logistics of the community care
clinics sorted out! Below are some updates and an overview of how the
clinic sites will be run.

*What opportunities do I have to volunteer?*

Mobile Clinic in Harnett and Duplin County

   - Location: Students meet in the Levine parking lot
   - There are only two remaining Harnett County mobile clinic dates -
   10/18 and 10/25. They will run from 6-11pm approximately.
   - There are five remaining Duplin County mobile clinic dates. Please
   note that starting in November, they will move to Monday nights. These
   clinics will run from 5:30 to as late as midnight.
   - Up to four PA students may volunteer for a mobile clinic.
   - Dress code: Scrubs are acceptable

Tuesday First Choice Community Care Clinic

   - When: Tuesday evenings
   - Location: First Choice Community Care Clinic, 40 Autumn Fern Trail,
   Lillington, NC 27546
   - Time: 5-10pm at the latest
   - We need five PA volunteers each week
   - Dress code: Business casual, white coat, closed toe shoes (think what
   you would wear to an OSCE)

*Immunization Requirements*

Volunteers must be up to date on all required immunizations. This includes
the full hepatitis B series.

*How do I sign up?*

We will be using SignUp Genius to handle volunteer sign ups (see link
below). If you are interested, please sign up for a maximum of two shifts
(one at the standing First Choice CCC and one mobile clinic) for the time
being so that we can ensure that everyone who wants to volunteer has the
opportunity to do so. Of course, if you just want to volunteer once, or not
at all in this block, that is fine too! We will announce when the remaining
slots are up for grabs.

CUPA Class of 2023: Block 2 Community Care Clinic Sign-Ups
(signupgenius.com)
<https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f48afab2daaffc70-block>

*Interpreters Needed!*

Spanish-speaking interpreters are needed at all of the clinics, especially
at the mobile sites where the majority of the patient population is
Spanish-speaking. If you are interested in interpreting, please indicate
that when you sign up in the comment section. We can then connect you to
the clinic coordinator who handles interpreters.

*What if I cannot make my shift?*

Please consider that this is a commitment to the community when you sign up
for a shift. The clinic staff depends heavily on the PA volunteers and
cancellations do not reflect well on our program. We want to showcase CUPA
in the best possible light, so please keep this in mind throughout the
process. Of course we understand that life happens and you may need to
cancel your shift due to unforeseen circumstances. If possible, we ask that
you cancel up to one week ahead of time. After that, we ask that you take
responsibility in finding a replacement. Please email Abigail Avery or
Melody Moore if you need to cancel and who will be replacing you. We can
then notify the clinic of the change.

*What if I have questions?*

Please feel free to reach out to Abigail or Melody at any time. Our contact
information is below.
Abigail Avery - (804) 894-2954, alavery0327 at email.campbell.edu
Melody Moore - (336) 978-1863, mlmoore0421 at email.campbell.edu

Best Regards,