[lawmajordonors] Fwd: Rich, What recent grad is working at Poyner Spruill?

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Mon Sep 18 21:11:11 EDT 2023

________________________________
From: Campbell Law Career Center <lawcareercenter at campbell.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2023 10:04:49 PM
To: Leonard, J. Rich <leonardjr at campbell.edu>
Subject: Rich, What recent grad is working at Poyner Spruill?

News, events and information to advance your career
View this email in your browser<https://mailchi.mp/7f863cdc81f3/meet-your-career-center-we-are-glad-you-are-here-6253325?e=716d1b6c05>
[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/28ef0de6-57f2-eeab-cca8-e5fdeb02f577.png]
get to know the career center

Welcome to the Career Center's new pet of the week series! This cute kitty belongs to one of the Career Center Staff members! Read below the picture to see what this staff member had to say about their pet and guess who she belongs to. And be sure to check back in next week when we reveal the answer!

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/2a2b42ae-0f65-2661-19ce-e0620c38ed33.jpg]

Who needs Cat in the Hat, when you can have Cat in the Box! One of this Career Center team member’s 2 cats, Mandarin, LOVES to squeeze her bendy body into anything box like. Provides lots of funny photo opportunities.

Click HERE<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=069a815ea6&e=716d1b6c05> to guess whose pet this is!
calendar events
Thursday, September 26 | WORKING REALITIES: BOTH SIDES OF THE V in Room 105 from 12:00-1:00pm
We are excited to welcome the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys for a special joint presentation you will not want to miss! This program is for ALL LAW STUDENTS, but it is truly a do not miss event for those who are considering a civil litigation practice.

Meet The Panelists:
[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/6d7e8920-b46c-ee5d-c7fa-155cec429eea.jpg]
For the NCAJA, we will welcome Jeremy Williams, a partner with Milberg, Coleman who has successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars for clients across North Carolina and the United States. Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=bbecadd012&e=716d1b6c05> for Jeremy's bio.

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/66246ca1-fe37-b5f7-4053-a647b4f7376f.png]

For the NCADA, we will welcome Ashley Brathwaite, a litigation partner at Ellis & Winters who represents a variety of corporate entities including insurance carriers and healthcare companies and providers. She is also a recent past president of the NCADA. Click here<https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=f064c8f0d9&e=716d1b6c05> for Ashley's bio.

Lunch provided for those who register in advance via Symplicity.

looking ahead to career night

[https://mcusercontent.com/1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371/images/d5f8811b-b61e-9f1a-6995-28caf3b33338.jpg]

Career Night is just around the corner on November 9!  Have you signed up and reserved your spot?

 Meeting other legal professionals is a critical part of your job search and an investment in your own professional network. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this chance to meet with representatives from biglaw, small and medium sized firms, government and public interest organizations, judge's chambers, and corporations. Click HERE <https://campbell.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=1a6fdf2eea5cf9d8502036371&id=ad57e8e9f7&e=716d1b6c05> to register before the event is full!
keep up with the career center

1L RESUME REVIEW MEETINGS have begun. You should have received an email with your designated meeting day and time. Be sure and email your assigned counselor if you need to reschedule. We look forward to meeting with all of you over the next few weeks!

ARE YOU FOLLOWING US ON INSTAGRAM?
Find us at @campbelllawcareers
[File:Instagram logo 2016.svg - Wikimedia Commons]

student spotlight

[Photo of Tia Overway '23]

This week, we shine the spotlight on a recent grad who just began her career working at Poyner Spruill. Keep reading to hear about Tia Overway's journey and her summer experience working at a large law firm.

Tia Overway is a 2023 graduate of Campbell Law School. While at Campbell Law, Overway worked as a summer associate for Young Moore and Henderson PA as well as Poyner Spruill LLP. Outside of internships, she was heavily involved in the Campbell Law community. Overway served as an Honor Court Justice, competed in a mock trial competition and three moot court competitions, including winning the 2021 Old Kivett Moot Court Competition. She was elected secretary for the law school’s Black Law Students Association (BLSA) and became Senior Editor of the Southern Journal of Policy and Justice her during her second year of law school and then earned her role as Editor-in-Chief her third year. When asked to share some insights into one of her many experiences while in law school, Overway had the following to say about her summer internship at Poyner Spruill.

Q: What responsibilities did you have and what did your summer associate role at Poyner Spruill entail?