[Law24] Richard A. Lord Moot Court Competition

Leonard, J. Rich leonardjr at campbell.edu
Fri Sep 17 10:48:26 EDT 2021

Dear 1L Students,

The Richard A. Lord Moot Court Competition, our intramural contest that involves most of the second-year class, will be held September 30-October 2, 2021. The competition is organized by the Old Kivett Advocacy Council (OKAC) and requires many distinguished alumni, local lawyers, and judges to adjudicate several individual rounds. It also requires you.

Historically, the first-year class serves as volunteer bailiffs and timekeepers, individuals required for each round of the competition. I need your help to make this competition successful, and more importantly, it will serve as your initiation into the world of appellate argument and law school advocacy competitions. We limit the number of activities in which you may participate as first-year students. However, this is the exception, where your involvement is not only encouraged, but expected.

The volunteer signup sheet can be found at the link below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScle_DZGTO8AxdxNDBGwoMTgRKJfzEOhd1KGsDXdOn8Iwofw/viewform

Dean Leonard