[Law24] Database Signup Instructions

Weeks, Olivia L. weekso at campbell.edu
Fri Aug 6 14:15:29 EDT 2021

To:       First-Year Students
From:   Professor Weeks
Re:       Database Authorization Codes
Date:    August 6, 2021

Good afternoon.  It was a pleasure meeting with each of you earlier today and introducing you to your library and your law library staff.  As we mentioned in our presentation, there are three databases which you will use during your first year and each requires you to sign-up with an authorization code.  Below are the procedures to follow for each database.  In addition, I have attached a check list of the databases for your convenience.

Lexis+

  *   Attached is a handout which gives you the Lexis+ authorization code and the instructions for signing up for the database.
  *   When you set up your username and password, you will be required to give an email address.  Make sure you use your Campbell email address.
  *   Please keep a record of your username and password in the event you forget it.

Westlaw

  *   You will receive a separate email directly from Thomson Reuters.  You should receive the email this afternoon.  The email will have you authorization code and instructions for signing up for Westlaw.
  *   Again, your email address will be requested so make sure you use your Campbell email address.
  *   Please keep a record of your username and password in the event you forget it.

CALI

  *   CALI gives you access to tutorials that correspond with your first-year courses.  In addition, several of your professors will require you to use specific tutorials over the course of the semester.
  *   Go www.cali.org<http://www.cali.org>
  *   Click on the register option in the upper right corner of your screen.
  *   The authorization code for CALI is CAMPBLstu30.  The authorization code is case sensitive.
  *   Enter your Campbell email address in the proper space.
  *   Keep a record of your username and password.

If you encounter problems, please feel free to contact me or any member of the library staff.

Best,
Professor Weeks

Professor Olivia L. Weeks
Associate Professor of Law