[Law24] Welcome to Campbell Law from the IT dept

Essary, Larry essaryl at campbell.edu
Thu Aug 5 16:41:13 EDT 2021

Welcome incoming 1Ls to Campbell Law.  We will be having information sessions with you tomorrow afternoon, but I wanted to introduce myself and get a few bookkeeping items out of the way.

First, we use a system called Podio for our intranet.  Inside Podio, there is a workspace called KivNet, where a lot of information and files you may need are kept, along with a photo directory of all faculty, staff & students (it will take a few weeks for us to upload your professional headshots once we receive them from the photographer).

We will go over this in detail tomorrow, but today you will receive an email invitation to join Podio and another one about joining KivNet, so don't think that these emails are spam.  Please activate your Podio account and create a password.  This password will be unique to Podio.  If you forget it, just go to www.podio.com<http://www.podio.com>, click on Login, then click on the Forgot Password? link.

Second, we will have Helpdesk tables setup in the Foyer (1st floor) and in the Commons on the 2nd floor.  Please stop and ask any questions you might have and we will do our best to help you.

Lastly, we have two wireless networks at the law school.  You will want to connect to CUWireless.  It is faster and has more capabilities, such as printing, than the other network.  Please feel free to connect any of your devices to CUWireless while you are in the building.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

le

Larry Essary
Director of IT Services